Re: How to find all spec editors in my company?

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 6:48 PM Marcos Caceres <marcosc@w3.org> wrote:

> > On 30 Apr 2021, at 12:51 pm, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Do y'all know of any existing list of editors? If not, which tool do you
> think is the right one to start from?
>
> I think the W3C API can give you what you need.
>
> In Plh's Gargantua project: https://github.com/w3c/gargantua
>
> If you open "browse.html" on localhost, you can see it loads up a dropdown
> of each group… from there, it's possible to go view "users", affiliations,
> and what specs they edit.
>
> That's coming from the W3C API - it pulls, for example, the users for
> group 49309 (WebAppSec):
>

> https://api.w3.org/groups/49309/users?apikey=oq0abw4w2bkwcs0k0kws44sok4cg48w&embed=1
>
> And then you can grab both the affiliation and their specs (search for
> your name there, and you will see what I mean). It provides a list of end
> points for the appropriate JSON.
>
> So, in theory, on can create a scrapper to go through each group (or a set
> of groups), then for each user, check if they edit something, and then
> check their affiliation… or some combination of that.
>
> Hope that helps!

Thanks, that looks close, but it's missing at least 2 specifications:
https://wicg.github.io/webpackage/loading.html should be under
https://api.w3.org/users/a7a5jzj9hvs400sws4owc4sk8csk84w/specifications?apikey=oq0abw4w2bkwcs0k0kws44sok4cg48w&embed=1,
and https://webbluetoothcg.github.io/web-bluetooth/ should be under
https://api.w3.org/users/jt1cdbkgur4o8c0okkkw4kksosskwg4/specifications?apikey=oq0abw4w2bkwcs0k0kws44sok4cg48w&embed=1.
Both of these are included in https://github.com/w3c/browser-specs.

Do you know how the W3C API gets its list of specs and why it might be
missing some?

Thanks,
Jeffrey