Re: How to find all spec editors in my company?

Le 04/05/2021 à 23:54, Jeffrey Yasskin a écrit :
> Do you know how the W3C API gets its list of specs and why it might be
> missing some?

As I've just indicated on the W3C API discussion [1], I don't think
you'll get the info you want from the W3C API for Community Groups,
given both a lack of systematicity in formally recording them [2], and
the fact that even when they're recorded, their associated editors are not.

I think that customizing the reffy crawler [3] is probably the most
robust path to success, and should not be too hard to pull together [4]
- essentially writing a small module à la
https://github.com/w3c/reffy/blob/master/src/browserlib/get-lastmodified-date.mjs
to extract the editor data (and probably disabling all other modules to
make the crawl faster to run).

Reffy is made to run on the list of specs maintained in browser-specs
[5] - if your crawl needs to run on a different list, some further
customization might be needed (happy to help with them).

Dom

1. https://github.com/w3c/w3c-api/issues/87#issuecomment-832415054
2. which maybe the "ClearSpec 2021" project will help address?
https://github.com/w3c/tr-pages/issues/90 https://pad.w3.org/p/clearspec2021
3. https://github.com/w3c/reffy
4. Famous Last Words
5. https://github.com/w3c/browser-specs