Re: How to find all spec editors in my company?

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 11:48:37 +1000
Cc: spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
To: Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com>

> On 30 Apr 2021, at 12:51 pm, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com> wrote:
>
> Do y'all know of any existing list of editors? If not, which tool do you think is the right one to start from?

I think the W3C API can give you what you need.

In Plh's Gargantua project: https://github.com/w3c/gargantua

If you open "browse.html" on localhost, you can see it loads up a dropdown of each group… from there, it's possible to go view "users", affiliations, and what specs they edit.

That's coming from the W3C API - it pulls, for example, the users for group 49309 (WebAppSec):

https://api.w3.org/groups/49309/users?apikey=oq0abw4w2bkwcs0k0kws44sok4cg48w&embed=1

And then you can grab both the affiliation and their specs (search for your name there, and you will see what I mean). It provides a list of end points for the appropriate JSON.

So, in theory, on can create a scrapper to go through each group (or a set of groups), then for each user, check if they edit something, and then check their affiliation… or some combination of that.

Hope that helps!