Re: Please don't shout or throw things at this respec newbie

On Monday, June 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Note that this does *not* prevent you from creating your documents as
> XHTML, editing them with XML tools, etc. It's only a problem if they
> then get served as such. Is that an issue?
>
> If it is a problem, I can try to dig to see if there's a workaround for
> you. But I won't ever be able to make it work across the board, only
> perhaps (and it's a big perhaps) for the basic features that you're
> currently using. As far as I can tell at this point it would involve
> patching jQuery to notice that it's being used in XHTML, or at least do
> something that mucks with its internals.

Yay for polyglot :)

The document in question is intended to be modified/updated by the community (through pull requests), so for the benefit of the wider community, I would urge you to leave it as HTML. Apart from making a particular text editor happy, is there some other use case for having it as XML (that can't be handled by automatically converting the document to XHTML through post processing)?

--
Marcos Caceres