Re: Please don't shout or throw things at this respec newbie

Marcos Caceres writes:

> On Monday, June 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>

>> Note that this does *not* prevent you from creating your documents as
>> XHTML, editing them with XML tools, etc. It's only a problem if they
>> then get served as such. Is that an issue?
>>
>> If it is a problem, I can try to dig to see if there's a workaround for
>> you. But I won't ever be able to make it work across the board, only
>> perhaps (and it's a big perhaps) for the basic features that you're
>> currently using. As far as I can tell at this point it would involve
>> patching jQuery to notice that it's being used in XHTML, or at least do
>> something that mucks with its internals.
>
> Yay for polyglot :)
>
> The document in question is intended to be modified/updated by the community (through pull requests), so for the benefit of the wider community, I would urge you to leave it as HTML. Apart from making a particular text editor happy, is there some other use case for having it as XML (that can't be handled by automatically converting the document to XHTML through post processing)?

Don't worry.  As you can see from the repo, I'm keeping the HTML, and
assuming that people will work with the HTML -- I have an idempotent
toolchain in place so that _I_ can work with the XML.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk