Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

* Vincent Hardy wrote:
>As part of editorial work in the CSS and SVG Working Groups, I have
>started a specification styling project to improve the readability of
>our specifications. I have been working with Ben Schwarz, a designer and
>typographer with experience [1] in this area. I will also be working
>with Elika Etemad and Divya Manian on this effort. We have an Editor's
>Draft that illustrates the draft styles:
>
>http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transforms/
>(select the 'additional spec. style toggle in the upper right).

Is the idea to start with fixed-width centered column layouts with pixel
font sizes from the 1990s and then develop that into something modern? I
do like that you've picked a font designed for print and made the type
smaller to improve readability on large computer screens.