From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net<mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net>>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:51:07 -0800
To: Adobe Systems <vhardy@adobe.com<mailto:vhardy@adobe.com>>
Cc: "spec-prod@w3.org<mailto:spec-prod@w3.org>" <spec-prod@w3.org<mailto:spec-prod@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

* Vincent Hardy wrote:
As part of editorial work in the CSS and SVG Working Groups, I have
started a specification styling project to improve the readability of
our specifications. I have been working with Ben Schwarz, a designer and
typographer with experience [1] in this area. I will also be working
with Elika Etemad and Divya Manian on this effort. We have an Editor's
Draft that illustrates the draft styles:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transforms/
(select the 'additional spec. style toggle in the upper right).

Is the idea to start with fixed-width centered column layouts with pixel
font sizes from the 1990s and then develop that into something modern? I
do like that you've picked a font designed for print and made the type
smaller to improve readability on large computer screens.