Re: Request for feedback about RDF-star

torsdag 25. mars 2021 23.40.45 CET skrev David Booth:
> I respectfully disagree.  I think the purpose of such a warning is to
> notify the user of a possible typo -- not to discourage the intentional
> extension of the rdf: namespace in coordination with the RDF community.
>   After all, the whole philosophy of RDF is to be extensible, with the
> proviso that one should not squat on someone else's namespace.
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/NamespaceSquatting
> But this clearly is not squatting, since it is being done with the
> blessing of W3C.

I don't we have a disagreement that runs very deep. To me, it is not the
question whether using the rdf namespace would be appropriate thing once it
reaches Recommendation status (which is when the W3C blessing occurs). I
would be perfectly fine with that.

The question is whether a Community Group should do it. The summary of my
position is basically that I see the problem and that they might be forced
to do it if there is already wide adoption or it is projected to have wide
adoption before it can reach Candidate Recommendation, but should be
avoided if it can be reasonably be expected that "we sort of know everyone
writing this". There's a lot of gray area between the two.

Cheers,

Kjetil