Re: Request for feedback about RDF-star

On 25/03/2021 17:59, Amirouche wrote:
> On 2021-03-24 10:20, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
>> Dear Semantic Web community,
>>
>> as you may already know, an informal "task force" has been created in
>> the RDF-DEV Community group [1], in order to produce a specification
>> document for RDF-star (née RDF*) [2]. RDF-star extends RDF with
>> native support for talking about RDF statements (as an alternative to
>> standard reification), and already has a number of implementations.
>
> [...]
>

>> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
>>

> If I understand correctly RDF* aims to make it possible to describe,
> and query facts about existing tuples.

Depends what you mean by "existing"... RDF-star allows you describe any
triple, whether they are present (asserted) in your graph or not.

> And can do that without
> explicitly storing an intermediate representation of the target tuple.

Correct.

> It seems to me trivial to implement with a generic tuple store database
> such as nstore. The exposed tuple store where n=m, then the implementation
> will require m+1 tuple items where the extra tuple item is the hash
> of the other items.

Our goal is not to define how to implement RDF-star, but more to give it
a theoretical foundation (i.e. abstract syntax, concrete syntax and
semantics).

   best