Re: Request for feedback about RDF-star

On 2021-03-24 10:20, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
> Dear Semantic Web community,
>
> as you may already know, an informal "task force" has been created in
> the RDF-DEV Community group [1], in order to produce a specification
> document for RDF-star (née RDF*) [2]. RDF-star extends RDF with
> native support for talking about RDF statements (as an alternative to
> standard reification), and already has a number of implementations.

[...]

> Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If I understand correctly RDF* aims to make it possible to describe,
and query facts about existing tuples. And can do that without
explicitly storing an intermediate representation of the target tuple.

It seems to me trivial to implement with a generic tuple store database
such as nstore. The exposed tuple store where n=m, then the
implementation
will require m+1 tuple items where the extra tuple item is the hash
of the other items.

In practice, it would mean that every exposed tuple will be content
addressable.

What I am missing?

--
Amirouche ~ https://hyper.dev