Re: Request for feedback about RDF-star

torsdag 25. mars 2021 15.43.10 CET skrev Pierre-Antoine Champin:
> > My suggestion is to mint a URI outside of the rdf: namespace, but make
> > it clear in any notes or WDs that it is expected that it will change.
> As I hinted in my original email, we know from experience that this does
> not work, unfortunately.

Yes, I agree, there's a lot of precedence, but the world is quite different
from back then. The rdf: namespace was a very early one, the FOAF effort was
a long-term evolving effort. This is around 20 years ago.

Now, we have learnt to wrap namespace maps into reusable modules that can
be used throughout the codebase, so that a change needs to happen in just
one place. Right...? Well, come to think of it, a transition from one
namespace to another would still be more painful than just change its URI,
but still.

BTW, I just realized that my SKOS example was a bad one, they actually
changed back. :-)

I think the world is sufficiently different now for this to work out fine up to
CR, but it is just an opinion, not a research-based advice.

Cheers,

Kjetil