Re: Trip Reports on Dagstuhl Seminar on Knowledge Graphs

> As a scholar in KR, I am concerned at the suggestion that KG are being proposed
> as KR,  and at the superficiality of the content of this report, and I am aggravated to note the complete lack of acknowledgement of  the limitations of this approach.

Not having followed this discussion thread in depth, I am utterly surprised by this accusation.

Can you argue what you mean by superficiality? Indeed, the seminar had very profound dicussions and - in my opinion new and very relevant - insights about the relationships between KGs and KR and about what's *actually new* about the notion of KGs.
Certainly, the report is a *suimmary*, and not the end of the story, but I don't think blunt and dismissive accusations claiming the report to be  "superficial" are very helpful.

Given that you consider yourself a scholar in KR, I hope you will acknowledge that some quite well-known and respected scholars in KR have actually been presenting and contributing to the Dagstuhl seminar and the report.

regards,
Axel
--
url: http://www.polleres.net/  twitter: @AxelPolleres