Re: Trip Reports on Dagstuhl Seminar on Knowledge Graphs

I frankly think you are misinterpreting the goals and outcomes of the Dagstuhl seminar significantly: the workshop was about creating mutual understanding and further directions and not taking sides... dismissing statistical inference (e.g. through embeddings) is as closed-minded as discmissing the years of research in KR and Reasoning that went into SW, Linked Data etc.... but - particularly when it come to *Web* data - the focus has shifted and both branches of SW/KR research have their successses and dis(advantages)... I tried to summarize my views on that (in what again you might be calling "superficial", I still wait for a justification of the use of that term ;-)) in my keynote at DEXA yesterday, slides here: http://polleres.net/presentations/20190827DEXA_keynote.pdf

regards,
Axel
--
Prof. Dr. Axel Polleres
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna