Re: Developers don't use the Semantic Web because they shouldn't

> On 23 Nov 2018, at 11:13, Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de> wrote:
>

> hi
>
> +1 to everything Adam said.
>
> Triples (EAV) are a well known antipattern in the world of relational databases. The situations where they actually make sense are rare. It would be a mistake to pitch RDF to the average developer without some big caveats.
>
> Computers and Internet used to be fun. But suddenly people are doing serious stuff with them. Very serious stuff. Meanwhile the people enabling all this continue piling layer after layer on the tower in their game of Jenga. Recent events have shown that even the lowest layer of that tower cannot be trusted.
>
> RDF is deceptively simple. You start with a simple idea and end up with a complex mess. Or as they say about EAV: "It gives you enough rope to hang yourself". I don't think this will be popular in the world of tomorrow - when the tower has fallen.

I don't know. I see lots of articles that show that graph databases are growing such as this one
https://hub.packtpub.com/2018-year-of-graph-databases/ <https://hub.packtpub.com/2018-year-of-graph-databases/>

Here is a picture from that article.