Re: Translations of classical RDF vocabularies

Great initiative!

A comment:
You have:
foaf:familyName
      rdfs:comment " Le nom de famille d'une personne . "@fr ;
      rdfs:label " nom de famille "@fr .
etc.
Which has spaces in some strange places.
Compare with the original US English:
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/familyName> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> "familyName" .
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/familyName> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#comment> "The family name of some person.”  .

Are the spaces at the start and end accidents, or some artefact of the French way of doing things?

Of course the French will be superior to the source English for your purposes, since "nom de famille” is actually a sensible label, whereas “familyName” is clearly not :-)

So I think I may offer to translate some of them from English into English!
My github username is HughGlaser

By the way, I’m not sure that translations based on Google translate etc. are very useful - I think they are best avoided as a resource, since people can do that for themselves if that is what they want.

Best
Hugh
On 21 Jun 2014, at 19:00, Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Marc,
> this is very nice. I am interested on adding italian translations.
> Can I join you?
>
> https://github.com/enridaga
>
> Enrico
> Enrico Daga
>
> --
> http://www.enridaga.net
> skype: enri-pan
>

> On 21 June 2014 18:43, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fine, Chockalingam !
>>
>> Which languages can you tackle ?
>> And which vacabulary are you interested in?
>>
>> For me it's in fluency order: french, german, spanish, polish.
>>

>> The project has been created here :
>> https://github.com/jmvanel/rdf-i18n/
>>
>> Please send me privately your user ID.

>>> Dear Jean
>>>
>>> Please set up the Github for this and share the files and I will help with the translation in Other languages using Google translate.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Chockalingam
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>> --
>> Jean-Marc Vanel
>> Déductions SARL - Consulting, services, training,
>> Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
>> http://deductions-software.com/
>> +33 (0)6 89 16 29 52
>> Twitter: @jmvanel , @jmvanel_fr ; chat: irc://irc.freenode.net#eulergui

--
Hugh Glaser
   20 Portchester Rise
   Eastleigh
   SO50 4QS
Mobile: +44 75 9533 4155, Home: +44 23 8061 5652