Re: vCard Ontology WD Updated

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:38:34 +1000
Cc: "<semantic-web@w3.org> Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>

On 23 Oct 2013, at 05:07, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> I've started to work on this today and noticed that the ontology is somewhat
> inconsistent in regard to strings. In some cases you language-tag them (e.g.
> vcard:adr's rdfs:label), in some you don't (e.g. vcard:adr's rdfs:comment),
> and in other you type them as xsd:string (e.g. vcard:Home's rdfs:label). I
> think it would make sense to consolidate all of them to language-tagged
> strings or is there are reason for the current state?

I think this was due to changing rdf/owl editors during the development of the new ontology.
(Note: It seems in Protege that you can only select the Type _or_ the Lang of a property, not both?)

We will update with both string and lang.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com