Re: Access Rights Ontology

The OASIS XACML Technical Committee [1] has proposed an attribute
vocabulary for US export controls [2], which covers both ITAR and EAR
exports.

It is not a full ontology in the sense of RDFS or OWL.  But there is a
strong similarity between the XACML attribute model and RDF, which could
be easily formalized.  See [3] for some notes in this direction.

Please keep me or the XACML TC apprised of your activities in this area.
There are other groups interested in this topic but the community of
active participants seems to be small.  It would be good to connect and
coordinate them rather than develop separate and possibly incompatible
solutions in this domain.

Regards,
--Paul

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xacml