Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:46:33 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On Wednesday 20. January 2010 02:57:40 Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> Conceptually I think we could have units:kilometer being a datatype
> whose value space is distances and whose lexical space is the same as
> xsd:decimal, and its value space would (modulo rounding) be the same as
> units:mile but disjoint from units:squareMeter ...

Yeah, that's an attractive option, but it has a shortcoming in that one may
wish to express something without decimal precision, and expect to get an
integer back from say a SPARQL endpoint.

I'd much prefer to treat units and datatypes as orthogonal issues,  I
really think they are.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--