Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

On 15 Jan 2010, at 01:24, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> Steve Harris wrote:
>>
>>> * an RDF/XML profile (as above) designed for maximum compatibility
>>> with XPath/XSLT/XQuery
>>
>> That would be nice. I often thing that RDF/XML is not a terribly
>> good way to encode RDF in XML.
>
> TriX was meant to address that need. I do not believe its take up
> has been significant.
> For several years now my view has been that RDF/XML is an obviously
> flawed system, with no compelling alternative.

Right, I much prefer TriX, and I'm as guilty as anyone for not not
using it more.

When writing RDF by hand I tend to use Turtle, and software tends to
generate (unreadable) RDF/XML by default.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK