Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

Dear Chris and all listers,

The question we should be asking ourselves before we refine standards such as RDF, is where do we want to go from here?

The semantic web or for die hards the linked data world to most of us exists in the confines of the cyberspace we all know as the Internet.

Let me suggest some lateral thinking and some reflection on what constitutes the world of linked data on the internet and where the actual boundaries of the connected cyberspace are to be found.

Technology Assessment, a much dreaded term hailing from the systems engineering field can yield some useful insights.

Go to www.eptanetwork.org and search the projects database for "semantic web". It will yield EXACTLY one result: 'Social Construction of Knowledge Networks", performed by the Rathenau Institute in the Netherlands (formerly known as NOTA, the Dutch National Technology Assessment Agency).

Or just jump to page: http://www.eptanetwork.org/EPTA/projects.php?pid=181.

The summary should be very enlightening and we recommend you get a copy of the report.

After reading this report, let us then resume the discussion where we want to go with the semantic web, or web of linked data and what RDF, the new version should look like.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 568 5908
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.net
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info