Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:53:03 +0100
To: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
2010/1/14 Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>:

>> * improved support for named graphs - essentially bringing the
>> constructs included in SPARQL back into RDF core (including support
>> for named graphs in RDF/XML, done in a manner that would be
>> backwards-compatible if at all possible)
>
> I'm not really sure how that fits all together. If you dereference some URI,
> and get back a RDF/XML document that includes other named graphs, what then?
> Surely the grph URI of the document you fetched you be the URI you
> dereferenced.

That's certainly the elegant intuitive approach. Maybe I'm making the
mistake of engineering for engineering's sake, but I suspect there is
a role for multiple graphs in a single document/at a single
dereferenceable URI (dunno, somehow reflecting default graph/other
named graphs in SPARQL).

I don't have any genuine use cases.

Cheers,
Danny.