Re: call to arms

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 07:16:20 +0200
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
Additionally to Nodalities...

A fairly long time ago we started a collection of SW Use Cases and Case Studies at W3C:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/

the goal was to collect real SW deployment examples in industry and academia (ie, not reports on university projects). It is not perfect, it is not complete, but it is a start. W3C decided _not_ to 'edit' those entries but, with minor modifications, take what is out there which also explains the different style and, frankly, quality of the submissions.

It is true that, in the last year, the number of submissions slowed down which may be my fault; I do chase applications but it is difficult to get people do the extra mile to write things down and sometimes I give up. But improving, enriching, etc, this collection would be good and any help would be greatly welcome....

Ivan

On Apr 1, 2010, at 03:25 , Ian Davis wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 30, 2010, Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net> wrote:
>>
>> Danny has been one of the most convincing evangelist for years. We need more.
>> ACTION: Tell a story to people.
>>

> We (Talis) are doing this with Nodalities magazine, blogs and
> podcasts, reaching out beyond the technologists. If you have stories
> we want to help you get them known - free distribution for your ideas,
> software, products, services or whatever. The only cost is the time it
> takes you to write a couple of pages or to chat to us over skype. Just
> email us at nodalities-magazine@talis.com
>
> Remember no-one on this mailing list is a target for evangelism: we're
> all convinced already! None of us are really target users for this
> stuff either because we're much more interested in the architecture
> and technology. We need to share stories and evangelise much wider to
> the people who decide what technologies their organisations should
> invest in.
>
> Ian

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/