Re: [foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the trouble.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 22:03, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> I would like to see the most common 100
> namespaces at least signed using some profile of XML Signature; this
> would allow schemas to be cached and checked, and could help reduce
> risks associated with networked retrieval of RDFS/OWL.
I'm thinking something along these lines could work without
signatures, just with checksums, if they were distributed
(semi-manually!) to nschk1.example.com, nschk2.example.com, etc. --
perhaps behind RRDNS.

Having to check WOT is not easy, and a simpler method involving only
commonly builtin routines (DNS, HTTP, checksums) would be easier to
get built into libraries such as Redland.

Disclaimer: INACE (I'm Not A Cryptography Expert). :-)

Regards,
Morten