Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

On 27 Apr 2009, at 20:10, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Steve Harris wrote:

>>> No, the FOAF data with bnodes in the LOD cloud come from the places
>>> you've just mentioned via PingTheSemanticWeb (PTSW) and other
>>> crawler
>>> built from PTSW, or those that performed similar RDF crawling.
>>
>> My reading of your sentence above was that you were including PTSW,
>> and in any case if you don't not crawl how can you ever get to see
>> a reasonable slice of the LOD?
>
> I was referring to the data sets in the LOD cloud bubble that we've
> loaded into the instance at: http://lod.openlinksw.com  (which does
> include stuff from PTSW but placed into its own Named Graph Group).
> Think warehouse just for this conversation.

Sure, but that cloud diagram includes FOAF, and something like 99% of
FOAF files include bNodes. I don't know  what proportion of the LOD
web is FOAF, but it must be around 50%.

The "Linked" part of the name implies that crawling is a valid tactic
to gather the data to me.

- Steve