Re: Java library for content negotiation

From: Carlos Rueda <carueda@mbari.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:04:12 -0700
To: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Peter,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>wrote:

> How do other projects do content negotiation in Java?

I don't have a generic library for content negotiation to offer but wanted
to briefly mention our current approach in the Marine Metadata
Interoperability project [1].  Hope this is useful information.

As a standard servlet, the URI resolver component of our MMI Ontology
Registry and Repository [2] uses the getHeaders method in HttpServelRequest,
and then a helper class [3], as a basis to resolve an ontology or term URI
in the appropriate format depending on the "accept" header sent by the
client, and according to [4], which pretty much is in compliance with [5].

Good luck,
Carlos

[1] http://marinemetadata.org
[2] http://mmisw.org/or