Re: three-tier semantic web application (formerly semantic web tools in a shared hosting environment)

From: Andreas Langegger <al@jku.at>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:48:32 +0100
To: carmen <_@whats-your.name>
Cc: semantic-web@w3c.org

hi carmen,

>> The store should be accessible similarly than RDBMS via JDBC - has
>> there
>> been a discussion about such a middleware protocol yet? Sure, one
>> could use
>
> afaik Virtuoso has a pretty decent ODBC/JDBC implemenetation. its
> the de-facto way to use it when theres no native bindings available
> (afaik there are for PHP and Java). Sesame perhaps as well..

Sure, I didn't include Virtuoso in my research today - I knew it's GPL
now.
Great they provide a php extension! Thanks, helped me much!

regards,
Andy

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69
http://www.langegger.at