Re: Disaster management ontologies?

To: Tim Berners-Lee and to whom it may concern,

 On this life-or-death issue, there is a useful review made by Paola Di
 Maio: 'An Open Ontology for Open Source Emergency Response System',
http://opensource.mit.edu/papers/TOWARDS_AN_OPEN_ONTOLOGY_FOR_ER.pdf

 But more integrative approach to the matter has been proposed by the World
 Economic Forum Global Risk Network, where  cataclysmic events as disasters
 and catastrophes fall into an interconnected network of global risks, such
 as environmental, economic, geopolitical, societal, and technological:
 www.weforum.org/pdf/CSI/Global_Risks_2007.pdf.

 IMHO, to integrate human knowledge and understanding on existing and
 possible risks (hazards, dangers, or perils) of planetary significance, we
 rather need to pull all the resources for building a Global Risk Management
 System, driven by a global risk management ontology with predictive causal
mechanisms. I believe this crucial research project needs a collaborative
network of research organizations, government institutions, NGOs,
think-tanks, international bodies, and advanced IT businesses, led both by
an ontology luminary and technology celebrity . This trans-national research
network can start as a Quality Consortium within a FP7 Cooperation program
in the area of Information and Communication Technologies.

with respects,
 Azamat Abdoullaev
EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent Systems LTD
http://www.eis.com.cy