Semantic Web Statement Contexts (was: Can there be a URI for the concepts "I", "you",...)

Sandro Hawke wrote:

>> <> indexicals:isBeingReadBy _:you .
>> <> indexicals:isBeingReadAtLocation _:here .
>> (then you go on to make assertions about _:you and _:here.)
>>
>> where <> is the URI for the document itself, and _:you and _:here are
>> bnodes.  Like this, an application isn't going to make the mistake that
>> the same person is the "I" of every document.  Here it says "someone is
>> reading the document", and just when the applications understands
>> indexicals:isBeingReadBy it can say "Oh, and _:you is actually me!".
>>
>> (I'm not positive that that actually solves every problem, but it seems
>> to be a step in the right direction.)
>
> I think this is about the best you can do with RDF, and it mostly works,
> as long as you're careful to make sure the same document is never read
> twice.
>
> That is, if you published that first triple on the web, it would become
> logically false as soon as two different agents read it.
>
> But as long as you only TRANSMIT it as as a message, leaving the URI
> unstated and forcing the receiver to assign a URI using some kind of
> unique-symbol generation mechanism, and somehow make sure they never
> republish it, then it's probably logically okay.
>
> This probably isn't the best way to design any real system, though.

Why not? This sounds to me like the context of Instant Messaging IM, or text
messaging on a cell phone. I can imagine use cases where two cell phones are
set up to exchange data, one phone to another phone.

I've added a new StatementContext individual to my ontology: "IMtoSandro".
This is a very narrow and specific context.

    @prefix contexts < http://www.kashori.com/ontology/contexts.owl# > .
    @prefix ex < http://example.com# > .

    contexts:IMtoSandro
          a       contexts:StatementContext ;
          contexts:heardByHearer  contexts:SandroHawke ;
          contexts:messageRepeatability  "1"^^xsd:int ;
          contexts:utteredBySpeaker   contexts:JohnBlack .

But within this context I can efficiently state, say in acknowledgement
of your previous data sent:

    contexts:IMtoSandro {
        _:I     ex:comprehend    _:you .
    }

In this context, http://www.kashori.com/ontology/contexts.owl#IMtoSandro
it is understood that the message cannot meaningfully be repeated more than
once. But other contexts could be defined that are closer to that of web
page
publication.

John
www.kashori.com