Re: decoupling XSLT streaming recommendations from the main spec

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 4:11 PM Martin Honnen <martin.honnen@gmx.de> wrote:
> Adoption by whom? Implementors? Users?

I mean, adoption by users.

> Saxonica has implemented streaming, the main other vendor Altova has
> decided not to implement it. Do you expect more XSLT 3 implementations
> if the optional feature streaming is part of a separate document?

I'm not sure about that. But binding a significant
performance/streaming related requirement (which is non trivial. In
the case of XSLT 3.0, using streaming is not possible with the entire
XSLT 3.0 language, but only subset of it, doesn't sound great), with
the main body of the language, tends to discourage implementers from
implementing that.

Having more than, one implementor for each and every XSLT 3.0 language
feature, shall generally be good.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi