Re: Additional issue on RFC 2253 usage in relation with XMLSig: On the capability of the RFC2253 "CN=Sam"encoding form for identifying a Certificate.

My view is that XMLSig recommends usage of RFC2253 for identifying
certificates and that this may cause problems...

My understanding is that the problem that RFC 2253 and 4514 point out is
related with reversibility, i.e., that in certain occasions even if you
have a certain string representing a RDN, there could be problems for
going back at the original RDN and use this for locating the
corresponding certificate making comparisons on the RDN itself (in fact
sections 7.2 in RFC 2253 and 2.4 in 4514 make it clear). As they say, a
simple 'CN=Sam' migth cause problems, as the CN attribute may be a
printableString, a universalString, a uTF8String and other types...

I would say that at least we could think of including within XMLSig some
warning on these issues....

Juan Carlos.