RE: Get test case for E01 / DName Issues

I assume your question refers to my suggestion of using CDATA sections in
the XML instance, not the text I proposed which does not affect that issue.

Yes, it is quite possible to use CDATA sections in elements declared in the
DTD as PCDATA. A DTD PCDATA element says to the XML processor "the
characters in this content are to be parsed". However, when the processor
gets to the CDATA, it knows that while the default behaviour is to parse,
characters in CDATA are not to be parsed.

This example validates for me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ELEMENT doc (test+)>
<!ELEMENT test (#PCDATA)>
]>
<doc>
<test>blah</test>
<test></test>
<test/>
<test><![CDATA[This is <some>&blah;</some>< &#$% unparsed XML!]]></test>
</doc>
<<<

Thus, no changes would be needed to the DTD (not that my text changes
require CDATA anyway, just my follow-on suggestion). My text changes were
only meant to simplify and clarify the proposed text.

Ed
Ed Simon <edsimon@xmlsec.com>
Principal, XMLsec Inc.
(613) 726-9645

Interested in XML, Web Services, or Security? Visit "http://www.xmlsec.com".

New! "Privacy Protection for E-Services" published by Idea Group (ISBN:
1-59140-914-4 for hard cover, 1-59140-915-2 for soft cover).
Includes a chapter, by Ed Simon, on "Protecting Privacy Using XML, XACML,
and SAML".
See the Table of Contents here: "http://tinyurl.com/rukr4".