Re: question about disallowedSubst test cases

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 16:48:18 Michael Kay wrote:
> For reasons which I don't claim to understand, violation of this constraint
> does not invalidate a schema, it only invalidates an instance.
> Specifically, the constraint is only referenced from validation rules, and
> not from the rules determining schema validity.
>
> Given
>
>   element A
>
>   element B substitutionGroup=A block=substitution
>
>   element C substitutionGroup=B
>
> An instance of C is allowed to substitute for A, but not for B.
>
> This spec moves in mysterious ways...
So does the same apply for test case disallowedSubst00105m?
There the HEAD element contains 'extension' in its block attribute but
the type definition of the member element is created by extension.
According to rule 1 of http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#cos-ct-derived-ok
that would be not allowed...

Ciao,
Tobias