Re: Making progress

On 5/25/07, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> That was the essence of my proposal. The only addition was <p:parameter>
> because otherwise creating parameter sets based on options is incredibly
> tedious:
> [...]

Yes, this is true.

Instead of adding the concept of parameters to the pipeline language,
could this be solved by creating a component that makes it easy to
create a "parameters document" based on options, or the combination of
options and another "parameters document"?

This would have the following benefits:

1) We keep the language simple.
2) I think it will be easier for us to agree on a component that does
the things we need rather than agree on a feature of the language.
Components are much more contained, and easier to modify or deprecate
in the future if we want to.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/