Re: TAG Last Call comments on xml:id

On Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 4:37:01 PM, Norman wrote:

NW> / Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> was heard to say:
NW> | The TAG would however still be interested to know how Core plans to test
NW> | xml:id in the Candidate Review period to ensure that the constraints in
NW> | the document are adequately exercised. Are there any XML processors
NW> | (schema or DTD based) that already implement this, or do you know of
NW> | implementations in the works? What about DOM implementations, CSS
NW> | implementations, and implementations that resolve barename fragment
NW> | identifiers in XML resources?

NW> My impression from reading the rest of this thread is that adequate
NW> infrastructure already exists to satisfy the requirements outlined
NW> above. I note also that the CR draft will have to explicitly identify
NW> its exit criteria.

NW> Are you satisfied with this resolution? (May I close this issue :-)

I will let Dan respond since, IIRC, he wanted to pursue this angle.

However, for myself, I am sure that Core will adequately test xml:id and
nurture it to success, and there are plenty people watching to ensure
this happens who will scream if not :) so I suggest we let them close
this issue.

I'm happy to take an action (or have Dan take an action) to check what
the CR exit criteria are, if TAG still wants to track this.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group