Re: A thought about profiles

Liam R E Quin writes:

> [[
> An XML document's information set consists of a number of information
> items; the information set for any well-formed XML document will contain
> at least a document information item and several others. An information
> item is an abstract description of some part of an XML document: each
> information item has a set of associated named properties. In this
> specification, the property names are shown in square brackets, [thus].
> The types of information item are listed in section 2.
>
> ]]
>
> which I think is not entirely compatible with your proposal.

How not?  There are some things not said here (in particular, what
kind of values properties might have), but I don't see anything
incompatible with what I wrote.  I guess the fact that the document
item is not the value of any property can only be deduced by examining
every property description in the spec. . ., but I doubt that's what
you had in mind.

Thanks for helping with this,

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk