Re: Can we have @lang back in XHTML Family?

aloha!

FYI, it should also be remembered that -- despite entreaties, buglogs,
and direct user request -- NO assistive technology recognizes
xml:lang="xx", but key off of @lang, and there is VERY little
chance of changing that in the commercial assistive technology
market until open source assistive technologies introduce the capacity
to switch natural language in response to xml:lang="xx"

the lack of @lang in XHTML 1.1 is the primary reason why Open
Accessibility specifications (http://a11y.org/specs) are normatively
distributed as XHTML 1.0 Strict, rather than XHTML 1.1, as i would
personally prefer to utilize XHTML 1.1 plus, but need to accomodate
those who need/want/desire natural language switching (a feature of
my screen reader which i use and depend upon...

gregory.
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net