Re: ask and you shall be redirected

On 25 Nov 2011, at 17:43, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> The item above is extremely important for implementers of WebID. We cannot mandate that they build SPARQL engines or even support SPARQL.
>
> For someone in possession of extremely sophisticated SPARQL technology, I still wouldn't encourage any Linked Data oriented spec that pushed RDF and SPARQL specificity. Doing so ultimately introduces adoption inertia and conceptual confusion via conflation of core concepts and implementation details.

The spec does not mandate SPARQL. I don't see it.

"There are number of different ways to check that the public key given in the X.509 certificate against the one provided by the WebID Profile, but the simplest way to explain it is to say that they all have to be equivalent to the following SPARQL queries."

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#verifying-the-webid-is-identified-by-that-public-key

I would like a language where I can point to the pattern in terms of SPARQL, as that is easy to understand .

Please come up with better language.