Re: 2 resolutions, please vote == Re: FORMAL WebID Teleconf, Monday 21 November 2011 -- 15:00UTC

Hi Henry,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> The WebID minutes have been published here:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2011/11/21-webid-minutes.html
>
> So we have two RESOLUTIONS, but we would of course like some wider
> approval by implementors
>
>  -  use XSD:hexBinary for modulus
>    + this makes it possible to express the verification in one very
> efficient SPARQL ASK query
>    + it is a well known schema widely supported by all the tools
>    + the UI part can be dealt with using javascript : if someone comes up
> with some nice javascript to make it look good,
>      I would be very tempted to add it to the spec

+1

>  -  merge rsa into cert ontology
>    background:
>     if we use xsd:hexBinary then there is only one relation that is widely
> used in the cert ontology the cert:key relation
>     the rsa ontology has only two relations that are used
>   => so we might as well merge rsa into the cert ontology

I'm in favor of having only one ontology. But I wonder if rsa is
appropriate. doesn't it make WebID tied to RSA. how about DSA? shouldn't we
try to generalize the rsa ontology so it applies to more than just RSA?

Steph.