Re: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.. as WebID IdPs

Ok do you are enabling the oauth consumer Site to obtain the client api credentials accessing  the users store in facebookland, and then said "plugin" to Facebook adds some value. This is accomplished by minting a cert with the uri of the Facebook users data space as webid. Finally, using its write privilege on the remote store, the cert is written to the Facebook-graph by the plugin trusted by the user for such function, assuming one trust Facebook.

Webid-like validation agent interact with Facebook idp subsequently, enabling a user to induce said site to get read privs on the users graph, via the api. Using the API, said sites determines if the client cert from https is present in the users Facebook graph, identified by webid in the https client cert.

It's a webid. It's not webid protocol. It's what I'd expect webid research models for ideal protocols to evolve into, during Productization. It's a variation of what I proposed once - just see if the cert blob is present at the uri. It's a nicer variant as the oAuth process enables consent. And audience controls.

Presumably, the data store can store blobs too, iincluding rdf/XML blobs.

It reminds md of the original xri vision, and it's data service (storing 4tuple graphs, with arcs bring xri structured names). Much simpler (and real, of course).

Works with actual web.

Sent from my iPhone