Re: long term webid of peter, contrary to rumour

On 11/13/11 3:53 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2011, at 21:31, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> That's ok. As the spec points out (
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/ ) all that is required
>>> for WebID is the publication of the public key at that endpoint with
>>> some RDF markup. (btw, we should perhaps add a link to the W3C how
>>> to on publishing multiple formats in a content negated format)
>>
>> Is it about publication of a public key with RDF markup? Is that the
>> narrative? If it is, then be up front about it as I am tired of
>> cycling this RDF wagon re. the problem it introduces, unnecessarily.
>>
>> If this is an RDF only solution, say so, and stick to it. Then live
>> with the consequences.
>
> Is there an issue you have with the spec? If so please tell us.

I have an issue with narratives the end up with RDF as being
inextricable re. WebID and its verification protocol. That's what I have
an issue with. If the spec toes that line, then I have a problem with
the spec. If the spec is RDF specific then qualify the whole thing as
RDF based WebID, nice and simple.

> Most implementations I know of now are working with RDF
> serialisations, so those are the ones we should be sticking by
> initially, as we did from the very start.

Again, what on earth does that mean? That there will be a narrative
utterly laced with that bias? Again, there's nothing wrong with saying:
this is RDF based WebID etc.. That's better that pretending it isn't be
it via spec or narrative.

> Those serialisations are well documented and clearly specified.
So?

Kingsley

>>> I see that your WebID Profile Page - as it is called in the spec
>>> section 2.3 - is in html. So I guess it's meant to be parsed as RDFa.
>>> The RDFa http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/ validation service seems
>>> to only return a few URLs for your page.
>>>
>>> I don't see that you have specified any of the cert or rsa
>>> namespaces so if you want to turn that into a WebID you do need to
>>> follow the explanation here
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#rdfa-html-notation
>>>
>>> If you find problems or unclarities in any aspect of the spec,
>>> please explain which part of the text is unclear, and what wording
>>> you suggest would help improve it.
>>
>> You are talking syntax again. Can WebID not be discussed conceptually
>> without syntax specificity? Is this impossible?
>
> I am talking spec.
>
> In the future when semantics is more clearly and widely understood
> then one will no longer need to mentions syntax. But at present that
> is not the case. The document is an evolving one.
>
> Henry
>

>> Kingsley
>>>
>>> Henry

>>> Social Web Architect