Re: WebID-ISSUE-46: Signing the profile document [research]

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Toeroek, Laszlo (EXT) <
laszlo.toeroek.ext@siemens.com> wrote:

>  A few more thoughts spawn by those of Reto:
>
> - Granularity: Signing a signle triple maybe an overkill given the overhead
> the signing adds. Signing in subgraph (a set of triples) however it is done
> seems more viable.

The smallest entity that could meaningfully be signed independently of the
ontology used is an rdf molecule (see
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/paper/html/id/240/). I was thinking at providing
support to sign specific types of assertions (more than a single triple, but
not a free-form (sub)graph)

> - Temporal aspect: Should the signing include the point in time the signing
> took place? Or should that be part of the statement? If the latter is
> preferred we need too triples. :)

The whole thing should have a date as the signature expresses that the
signer regarded the signed assertion as being true at the moment of signing.

Reto