From: public-xg-webid-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-webid-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Reto Bachmann-Gmür
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Februar 2011 16:13
To: WebID Incubator Group WG; WebID Incubator Group Issue Tracker
Subject: Re: WebID-ISSUE-46: Signing the profile document [research]

A few thoughts:
- should we signg the document (as rdf graph?) or a particular representation?
- If the connection is secure and the server-cert trusted document signing isn't needed, if the document is signed we can get profiles over http.
- Maybe it would be easier and more powerfull to support signing particular statements, i.e. Webid-key associations and trust statements. Such signed statements could be aggregated and re-published without the document they were originally published in.

Reto