Re: WebID-ISSUE-32 (nodns_webid): URIs with IP addresses and security [WebID Spec]

Let's note that IPSec secures ip addresses - making no assumptions on dns.

Let's note that https works today globally with endpoints (and supporting certs) using ip address identifiers (rather than dns)

Let's note that most home computers get an ip address that is registered in the home router, but typically in no dns zone.

I'll investigate whether commodity home routers in modems and wifi bridges respond to reverse dns reqs, given ip address. One has to distinguish between ipv6 discovery and name registration, here, since ipv6 changes the game considerably.