Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

On 10 February 2011 14:13, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Melvin Carvalho wrote:

>>> Probably implicit, but: Would Fb let me publich my public key as part of
>>> my
>>> profile? Could that be made public (without signing in)?
>>
>> not sure, but im not 100% sure that's necessary
>
> nor I, it would be good to establish what the bare minimum necessary is.

re: bare minimum, im a big believer in Kingley's anthem,

"Put the data out there and let the Web do the REST"

Thinking outside the silo, in a user centric identity world, you dont
really need permission to do anything.

Facebook is an open platform, WebID is an open platform, both claim
the users own their own data.

Just pull that into the Web ecosystem and let them interoperate in a
linked data way.