RE: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

I find this very important, as it means the security enforcing requirements have no dependency on the properties of fragments. (*)

the claim's basis has been reduced to the very same property as openid, that one has write access to an idenified resources (the "identity document", in myopenid terminology).

This was said indirectly in X.509 note. It implies the same, when it said that write access to the directory record (which one tested for cert presence => authority) is slimited to (i) to those USING strong authentication and (b) ideally the party strongly authenticated should be the subject user depositing the cert.

X.509 is weaker than claims here in that it did allow an directory admin (with ACL write permission + strong auth) to also deposit the subject cert.

You can read this in Steedmans book on the 1988 era security model for access control.

(*) This is worrying politically, as this was one of the movement's main distinguishing points - that lots of properties derived, incuding security properties. Mostly, since HTTP intentionally strips #fragments, it was seperating transport from processing, where in the semweb processing one saw the "full web" model being portrayed (rather than just link anchors in a bit of HTML markup).