Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

On 10 Feb 2011, at 02:13, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

>> But really it could also be
>>
>>  http://facebook.com/alice/2xcvlslgdfs/1234l/sskdfhsdfjhsjflsjdfl
>>
>> if the WebID is
>>
>>  http://facebook.com/alice/2xcvlslgdfs/1234l/sskdfhsdfjhsjflsjdfl#someone
>
> So am I right to say this is a "non information resource"?

yes, we usually don't think of documents as being agents.

> This is since facebook dont use fragment identifiers, and there may be
> a multi year lead time (if ever) before they do.

Why is this a problem?  Why does this hypothetical Facebook not use fragment identifiers? Do they have to? Will they always be stuck with that? What will Facebook look like in three years?

Sorry, there are just too many hypotheticals in your question to make it possible to give any clear answer. There are many simple solutions to their problem. They could use redirects for example, if they don't like # urls.

If they are interested in WebID, perhaps we should invite them directly, then we could answer their questions with more context....