Re: a remark on the webid spec

On 12/12/11 1:09 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2011, at 18:32, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>>> very well spotted, Pierre. Thanks a lot. We have updated the spec here
>>>
>>>   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/rev/add4f836470d
>>>
>>> WE fixed this in today's meeting
>>>
>>>    http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-webid-minutes.html
>>>
>>> and we should have a new spec with all the latest changes out today.
>>>
>>> Does one really have to use full URLs for datatypes? That's really a bit lame...
>> well, unless I missed something the RDF/XML recommendation, I'm pretty
>> sure you have to...
>>
>> And I agree, it is a bit lame...
> That would be one point in favour of using Turtle as the other MUST format, (and drop rdf/xml)
> Though we would need quite a few other serious reasons to do something like that.

RDF/XML is a relic that doesn't work at the front door. It has a place,
but not the front door. We've made more than 70+ transformers
cartridges/drivers and another 70+ cartridges/drivers. It is only when
doing that sort of machine oriented work that  XML, XSLT, RDF/XML, and
GRDDL become useful.

Again, RDF/XML has the horrible problem of obscuring pathways to the
simplicity and potency of EAV/SPO triples. That's why it should never
front anything that seeks to engage an attention challenged Human
audience :-)

Kingsley

> Henry
>
>>   pa