Re: a remark on the webid spec

It's what older triple store readers read.

I've found that those humans who can read the XML show not only can triples be read but they have grasped the rdf'ness. Then I can easily test whether they have grasped rdfa' ness. With that done, one is where Ldif and object classes were a decade ago. If one stuffs data formats on properties where ldap had attribute syntaxes, you almost achieve COBOL80.

Until webid showcases some benefit (and only Kingsley has ever shown something beyond tech demonstrators and poor grade identity management webapps) it's hard to rationalize why bother.

I'm not being negative (just buying into tech hype). I can parse an XHTML stream for a script element of a certain mime type using xpath, and archive the same security semantics as webid validation today.

What I cannot do is then benefit from the semantic web. But the webid doesn't actually say how to go to the next step, either.

Sent from my iPhone