Re: the openid para

On 4/28/11 12:41 PM, peter williams wrote:
> Stop working a APIs and code. Just adopt the web services.
>
> Or are we still grinding our teeth that the term web services made it into
> the paper? It almost legitimized them, and made us sound connected to the
> rest of the web. Next, we will be wanting probably to secure those
> webservices, no?
>
> Lets refocus on the most semweb webservice of all: do client authn using
> webid to sparql endpoints, starting with virtuoso. Then, we have a nice
> setup so a user can access resource server, that behind the scenes accesses
> a sparql data service impersonating the user. The underlying use case is on
> our agenda, after all. For all I know, Kingsley already has a canned sparql
> query ready to be called, that computes a friends chain between 2 webid
> URIs, and returns them in a result-set, to help drive an authorization
> enforcement engine in a web app.

Beyond moi and OpenLink (that can find relations between entities in a
relational property graph), there's a visual relationships detection
tool called RelFinder that makes some of these ideas visual .

There will soon be a WebID protected web service that takes a WebID,
Crawl Depth, ASK | SELECT as URL parameters. It will be integral to all
Virtuoso installations, and showcased via the URIBurner and
id.myopenlink.com instances at the very least.

Links:

1. http://www.visualdataweb.org/ -- Relfinder (best you use
lod.openlinksw.com instead of dbpedia.org since former has DBpedia +
rest of LOD cloud on more powerful setup)
2. http://uriburner.com/c/EMBZRW -- example I conjured up using one of
my old URIs (which I know TimBL still refers to in his data space) .

Kingsley

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com