From: public-xg-webid-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-webid-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Henry Story
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:53 AM
To: nathan@webr3.org
Cc: Dan Brickley; peter williams; public-xg-webid@w3.org
Subject: Re: the openid para

On 28 Apr 2011, at 15:18, Nathan wrote:

>> WebID stands on its strengths. And in some cases, being able to fall
>> back to OpenID (eg. from the certless cybercafe PC scenario) is more
>> appealing than messing around using a password to install (and then
>> remove) a transient WebID cert on an uknown PC.
>
> This is probably our biggest issue, we need to do something abotu that
fast, cert management is a huge PITA - my cert expired last week, I use it
for loads of things (use the keys from it for github, w3c cvs, my own svn
stuff, dav servers etc) this thing expiring is a really big problem at the
minute, and the levels of pain it's going to take to re-issue the the cert
with the same keys is not something my mum could manage.

Yes, that is the nice thing about WebID cert management. If github and w3c
and svn allowed you to use a WebID cert then even your C++ programming mum
could in the click of a button get a new workable cert :-)